Re: [LUG] Re-subscription and hello.

On Monday, 8 July 2019 22:05:00 BST Jon Davey via list wrote:
> Hi DCGLUG, I used to subscribe a fair while back. I looked through some of
> the names and recognise some of them.

Hi Jon,

welcome back.

The usage of social media in a political group in East Devon is appalling.
They'll post an image with meeting details on, rather than say an event. Think
some of these are generation issues. The Labour party uses closed mailing
lists with manual subscription, it all feels  bit Luddite.

Free software wise I'm not see much to help out, I fear the purists who'd
write the best replacements are also those who are probably not engaging on
the bigger proprietary platforms.

The Labour party have some central tools, but not sure how much Free Software
has got there.

https://labour.org.uk/members/activist-area/tools-for-activists/

I have been touching on the security of various tools, although ironically
have met the US Democrat's CTO and CISO, but not the Labour party's (at least
not knowingly).

Happy to bash away at security of any tools of interest if they present a web
interface, apparently the SQLi issues I found in CivicRM is already three
years ago, I still worry about putting financial data such as CivicRM can store
in a website, but last I looked they had improved the isolation of the CivicRM
database from the CMS databases, which I guess is a plus.

TTFN

Debian upgrades to do ;)