Re: [LUG] Raspberry Pi v4

On 26/06/2019 10:13, Michael Everitt wrote:
On 26/06/19 08:43, Tom via list wrote:
On 25/06/2019 22:30, Gordon Henderson wrote:
On Tue, 25 Jun 2019, maceion@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

On 25/06/2019 16:57, Gordon Henderson wrote:
they've been stocking piling for weeks now and most shops ran out.
2GB versions stockpiled. 4GB versions sold out!
Yes - interesing that the 1 and 4GB ones were most popular.

There is a small possibilty of 8GB in the future though - the SoC is
capable, but the memory makers aren't - yet. (and it really won't be
upgradable at home - even if it ever does come to fruition)

Gordon

I've got 16G on my laptop. I run AI stuff and massive compiles - none get
near that even using all 8 cores. TBH I don't often exceed 4G and that's
normally when my own code goes wrong or I have to use LibreOffice Draw to
correct some scans I've done of obscure books I've borrowed - and some
swap would sort that out.

Tom te tom te tom

You can't use a web browser very often then .. Firefox and Chromium both
'mop up' 4GB of RAM for breakfast ...

Although, I shall be interested to see how it performs under musl-libc ...

MJE

I've never thought to have a look at memory while on the browser!

Maybe later

Tom te tom te tom