Re: [LUG] Email Rubbish

On 23/03/2019 07:52, Neil wrote:
> On 21/03/2019 08:48, Brad Rogers wrote:
>> On Thu, 21 Mar 2019 08:41:17 +0000
>> Neil <barnaby@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> Hello Neil,
>>
>>> loads. I have had over 100 in one day before now. And it is often the
>>> same ones again and again.
>>
>> Again I ask (albeit in a different way), why aren't you using server
>> side filtering?
>>

> First report. Today, 23rd March, instead of the usual 25 to 30 junk
> emails, or even more, I had just one. And that was one where the sender
> is pretending to be me, sending an email as if I were sending one to
> myself. I get some of those occasionally. They try to tell me that my
> account has been hacked and I need to change my password. Yeah, right.
>
> So that is already looking good. Just hope I have not missed any which
> should not be marked as junk. Still, much better altogether, so far,
>
> Neil

Congrats, you are getting there.
"And that was one where the sender
> is pretending to be me, sending an email" I get about 3 per year of
this type.

 For reference I use Thunderbird with 9 active email addresses, one from
1990s and it was used as a 'honey-trap' (during late 1990s) for an email
filter-anti-virus-software's development so it gets all the stuff going.
A send a lot of email to Russia, PR China and other 'bad places'
(business and old friends).
In 'junk' folders I get about a total of 14 per month over the nine
email addresses. (Spam assassin  is used.) All else cut out at servers
on BT, Google, my own domains, and Switzerland servers.
 So you are getting there.
keep it up.

--
Regards