Re: [LUG] Email Rubbish

On 2019-03-21 08:36 GMT, Neil wrote:
> I let them all come through...

That's the crux of the matter, IMO.  It's easier all round to reject
virtually-certain-spam at SMTP time.  That would be done by your
receiving mail server so you never even see it.  Routine checking
against e.g. zen.spamhaus.org would, I suspect, cut your spam flow to
a trickle.

It's true you might get a false positive that way, probably from some
organisation with an inept IT department that manages to get
themselves on the blacklist.  There's no way to guarantee an exactly
zero rate of false positives - and it could still happen with your
current method, if you miss a ham while reading through your spam
folder.

For me, it's been a revelation to see how efficient RBL checks are at
repelling spam, I don't want to go back to leaving it up to a spam
filter.
--
Nick