Re: [LUG] Email Rubbish

On 20/03/2019 13:06, Brad Rogers wrote:
On Wed, 20 Mar 2019 12:14:50 +0000
Neil <barnaby@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Neil,

that that address was compromised. Although the account part was indeed

Also mentioning that they had been watching you via your webcam, maybe?

Trying to blackmail you into coughing up large amounts of bitcoin?

I've seen several of those.  Easily ignored by me and mine, since there
are no webcams in our property.

Likewise, no webcams here.

That is just a laugh. But, being serious, I am getting more and more
junk emails recently, it seems. On average more that 200 a week. I am

Does your mail provider not institute some sort of filtering?

I expect he does. The problem is that sometimes the emails marked as junk are not junk at all. So I let them all pile up each day and check for any that should be marked as 'not junk'.

 If they do, maybe you've turned it off inadvertently.  Like Nick, I
probably get fewer than 200 a year.

So, for the reason above, I do not have all 'junk' emails automatically deleted.

Neil