Re: [LUG] Teaching Linux

On 18/03/2019 16:59, Michael Everitt wrote:
On 18/03/19 12:19, maceion@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

On 18/03/2019 12:11, Neil wrote:
I would also discourage the idea of dual booting Linux with Windows,
Yes. However I ONLY dual boot with an *External* USB hard disc or USB
key. I do not introduce a dual boot on 'native hard disc' inside machine.
Much easier if they have an extra machine they can devote to Linux, but
some must retain for example a Windows only bookkeeping program or
accounts program for their records.
(15 years of  accounts can not easily be discarded)

Have you tried GnuCash yet Eion?!

I have used gnucash for many years, but only for my personal money, so I have no need for VAT. I am very pleased with it.

I have tried kmymoney, but did not like it at all. Each to his own,

Neil