Re: [LUG] unifi and soho wifi controllers

Friend working in security asked about various WiFi kit on Facebook recently
for what looks like a revamp of his own house.

One of his friends (who you'd know by name at least, and has broken enough
stuff in his time) was very disparaging of Ubiquiti's vulnerability handling
processes.

He thought nearly all the other router vendors were way better at processing
vulnerabilities, and suggested that the Ubiquiti's worms might have been
because of failure to do a good job with handling vulnerabilities. Hate to do
it as hearsay, but it wasn't a public chat.

I fear depending on your paranoia, you might want to use open-source router
software, with all the horrors entailed. Of course I have a fair idea of how
broken my cheap router is and use it anyway, not paranoid enough....

Scarily he also had enough SoHo routers to tell me which vendors were actually
issuing patches.