[LUG] thunar and microbit problems

I've been trying to do some microbit programming and found a problem on xubuntu 18.04.01 on several machines.

When one programs a microbit there you tend to end up with a .hex file which needs to be dropped into the micro:bit file system on whereon it reboots. What I tend to do is have two thunar windows open and cut the file from one and drop it into the micro:bit one and then when the micro:bit has rebooted refresh that window to reconnect to the file system

After a few goes at this thunar crashes.

Does anyone have similar problems and if so is there an easy solution as this will cause problems at CoderDojo!

Tom te tom te tom