Re: [LUG] Email Clients

On Sat, 15 Sep 2018, Roland Tarver via list wrote:

Probably not what you are after, but I have just stared using Alpine!

I actually really like it. Fast and very easy to use. Text based.

Hurrah! :-)

I've been using Alpine and Pine before that for over 25 years now.

I also have a few google accounts and use an android phone (K9 mail is good, but I only use it to send photos off the phone when I need to - juice ssh to a server then alpine for 'real' email) - I don't know what's intrinsically wrong with google though, but webmail isn't my thing and when the day comes that I stop bothering to host my own email, I'll move it all to google. At least while they still support imap.

Gordon