Re: [LUG] Thunderbird google calendar probs?

On 02/08/18 18:24, Edward Lister via list wrote:
On Wed, 2018-08-01 at 10:20 +0100, Tom via list wrote:
Anyone having trouble with google calendar in thunderbird? Mine wants
log in again and demands me to turn on cookies but no way of doing
so!

Tom te tom te tom

I had no end of trouble with Thunderbird/CalDAV on my self-hosted
solution (Sandstorm/Radicale) so eventually I switched to Evolution and
Owncloud and... so far so good, touch wood. Smooth as silk, and it
interfaces well with DavDroid/Etar on my phone, with one minor
exception - I had to purge a task once that somehow lost it's
UTC/timezone formatting and caused DavDroid to cough up errors on a
frequent basis - but that was easy enough to troubleshoot.

I hear Thunderbird will be getting a serious makeover soon so maybe one
day I'll return, but I'm getting comfortable with the stuff I'm running
now so perhaps not.

-Ed

It turns out there that if I go to Tools/Addons and Lightning preferences/Privacy and turn on cookies for all it works again. There was an exception added for google.com but that may have been extended to accounts.google.com

Tom te tom te tom