Re: [LUG] Thunderbird google calendar probs?

On Wed, 2018-08-01 at 10:20 +0100, Tom via list wrote:
> Anyone having trouble with google calendar in thunderbird? Mine wants
> log in again and demands me to turn on cookies but no way of doing
> so!
>
> Tom te tom te tom

I had no end of trouble with Thunderbird/CalDAV on my self-hosted
solution (Sandstorm/Radicale) so eventually I switched to Evolution and
Owncloud and... so far so good, touch wood. Smooth as silk, and it
interfaces well with DavDroid/Etar on my phone, with one minor
exception - I had to purge a task once that somehow lost it's
UTC/timezone formatting and caused DavDroid to cough up errors on a
frequent basis - but that was easy enough to troubleshoot.

I hear Thunderbird will be getting a serious makeover soon so maybe one
day I'll return, but I'm getting comfortable with the stuff I'm running
now so perhaps not.

-Ed