Re: [LUG] a mouse to use on your laptop when its on your lap?

On 30/07/18 18:42, mr meowski wrote:
On 30/07/18 18:34, Tom via list wrote:
For those of us who do not get on with trackpads has anyone made a mouse
type device that can be used to control their laptop (or other computer)
when it is being used on their lap? Ideally USB so it doesnt get lost in
the sofa, down the side of the car seat etc?
Trackball?

Trackpoint?

Touchscreen?

Use a phone or tablet?

Voice assistant?

Learn to use a trackpad which not only does your laptop have but is
expressly designed to be the best tool for the job?

Dude, seriously ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

No - trackpad on old hps not good - some sensitive from about 3" away, keybd 1/2 inch away from trackpad! I have four  - only one has a usable trackpad.

Imagine I've got it on my lap in the car! there seem to be some finger mounted things but they have 1.5m of cable and I cant see the finger mounting working in typing situations. Though I am wondering if I can 3d print something onto a bulldog clip!

Tom te tom te tom