Re: [LUG] Systemd NFS mount via fstab.

On 24/07/18 05:57, mr meowski wrote:
On 24/07/18 03:16, Julian Hall wrote:
That all worked as you described.. which is a good thing! It's not
mounting at boot yet but I assume it isn't supposed to yet.
Ok, so is this finally functional then? Note that by design an automount
unit will *not* mount the filesystem on boot. It *will* mount the
filesystem whenever anything tries to access it however, which is
better. Adapt the instructions to change your other two desired NFS
filesystems from the NAS into automount units and check they work too.
I've done that and all three work.. do I assume the original .mount files are now defunct and can be removed?

I went into /media/julian and clicked on all three folders and they mounted correctly so that works as you described. One issue is that DEMETER has no lock icon on the folder but both HESTIA and PERSEPHONE do. My guess is that's something to do with permissions / ownership.
We should really dig a bit further into your systemd config to find out
what was going wrong before but initially I'd settle for this to just work.

You can stop blaming kernel upgrades for your NFS mount issues now as well!
You know far more than me about the workings of Linux, but I have to be honest I'm still not convinced on that score. All I know is that one day the mounts came up at boot as normal, the only update I did that day was to the kernel, and ever since the shares have refused to mount at boot. No doubt something else happened that I am not aware of, but the only change I actually made was the kernel update.

Kind regards,

Julian