Re: [LUG] Need help with Git on debian 9.4

On 08/06/18 22:52, D-Tronics UK wrote:
> OK I'm now getting an error when building
> https://imgur.com/a/ZkOIJwl

Your vendor blobs still aren't right by the looks of it - you're
probably going to need to clean up your git tree (hard reset it if
you're not sure, or just start from scratch) and try again, carefully
cleaning up errors at each step until you've coaxed the whole monster
build process into cooperating.

Are you following this guide *exactly*?

https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/oneplus3/build

Also you look like you're using Debian Stable - which is a fantastic OS.
However, Google love life on the cutting edge and the android build
systems much prefer really really up to date toolchains. If you're
skipping steps like fetching the latest platform-tools/SDK/Java/etc as
instructed and just using whatever Debian Stable provides via apt the
build is going to fail I'm afraid.

I'd also skip pulling the proprietary blobs from your phone as well as
you're already using a flashed ROM so god knows what weird stuff might
have crept in there. Nobody does that any more, we all just pull in the
relevant blobs directly from theMuppets repo. Do you know how to do a
git add remote?

Of all the software compilation projects you could have chosen building
an entire Lineageos ROM has to be one of the most ambitious! A lot of
stuff will probably go wrong but it's all fixable if you're patient and
stubborn enough. Good luck!

Cheers