Re: [LUG] Facebook page

On 07/06/18 12:25, Julian Hall wrote:
> On 07/06/18 09:28, Grant Phillips-Sewell wrote:
>> On Thu, Jun 7, 2018, 09:09 psutton <zleap@xxxxxxxxx
>> <mailto:zleap@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
>>

>>     I am sure given recent news reports people are starting to think
>>     about dumping facebook, so how can we help people, ?
>>

>>     Paul
>>

>> You say that, but even after the initial uproar around Cambridge
>> Analytica the majority of Facebook users didn't stop using Facebook.
>>
>> I really think it is worth maintaining a presence on the biggest
>> social media network, and by maintaining I do mean posting things to
>> it periodically and adding our events to it. I'm not saying we should
>> all be Facebook users, I'm not saying we should be praising Facebook
>> as the lord of all things, I'm not saying we should even be using it
>> as a primary platform... just that we should keep our presence there
>> as a means to be visible and hopefully attract some more new members.

I agree with this, and a big step here would be to fix the blog ->
social media link up, so that posts get further than the website.

However lets just take one step at a time and get it right.

I am adding an e-learning page to link to sites such as codecademy,
futurelearn, etc.  Just a few btw,  hopefully it will be a starting
point for people looking for more structure to learning new things.

As there are people here from 'industry' what sort of skills are in
demand, and can the lug help to signpost people to gaining the right
skill sets.

Paul