Re: [LUG] Facebook Page

On 07/06/18 12:18, Julian Hall wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> (Apologies if you have this threaded, I tried four times to reply to
> Paul Sutton and every time the mail wouldn't send citing alleged spam
> content, so I had to make a fresh email).
>
> Hi Paul,
>
> You mentioned price, but with Facebook et al being free that would be
> another hurdle for us to convince people to cross. A FLOSS client that
> could access the same content could well work, otherwise it would be
> hard to convince people to change. Actually that last part will be a
> sticking point. Unless the FLOSS platform had the same access to the
> interest groups I am on - which I'm guessing it won't as I think
> Facebook is proprietary - and to all the people I contact daily I
> wouldn't use it, and I doubt others would either.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Julian

Friendi.ca is free,   i just suggested if we wanted our own instance
then we would have to club together to host our own.

It should be possible to federate (share) posts between fb-friendi.ca
depending on how it is set up,  either by your or a third party if using
a 3rd party instance.

Not sure to what extent this uses, it could be that on friendi.ca you
can read any responses to posts,  and respond either you have to do that
via fb directly or via friendica and the account just shares the details.

One of the point is, that by setting up a friendi.ca dcglug account
there is a presence on there for the dcglug,  even if this is very
small,  it has to start somewhere I guess.

Paul

--
http://www.zleap.net