Re: [LUG] social media (was Facebook)

On 06/06/18 23:49, Eion MacDonald via list wrote:

> On 06/06/18 21:59, Paul Sutton wrote:
>> I understand the fb thing, however I also agree with Grant, in that an
>> abandoned page gives the wrong impression, so we need to decide if we
>> delete it, or keep it but just post to it via the blog.
>
> While I do not use FaceBook. I would agree, even though we promote
> other social active sites, if you are 'bringing folk to kirk' you need
> to advertise/invite in non-kirk places.
>
> But it should carry a 'warning' 'advice'
> This is a sub site of an active Linux User Group using other social
> media and we can be contacted on......
> It gives a summary of recent and future events.
>
> Best of both worlds?
I think Eion makes the point well .. we don't need to Promote
Facebook/Twitter, etc .. just have a presence there... if only to shine
a light on *why* it's bad .. it's a learning opportunity ..

On the topic of the blog, its equally stagnant, despite efforts by
several people to breathe some life into it. I would be similarly
inclined to Use it .. or Lose it, for the same reasons.