[LUG] social media (was Facebook)

Hi

As Friendi.ca was mentioned

Page status update:

Just to update people on the Friendi.ca page,  A server problem which
stoppped profile pages being displayed is now fixed. :)

https://social.isurf.ca/profile/dcglug

Password for Friendi.ca page

I am happy to share the password with a few people people but don't want
to send this over e-mail via plain text, so am happy to encrypt the mail
with gnupg and go from there if this helps or use protonmail.

This is also bound to my protonmail account which is not ideal, so if we
can perhaps address this, would be good suggestion below.

Perhaps if someone is happy to take over the admin we can set up a
dedicated e-mail e.g friendica@xxxxxxxxxxxxx so that we keep traffic
limited to that e-mail account.

Website -> social media

We could do with sorting this out so that the website actually posts to
social media properly.  I am trying to work with grant on this,  I have
sent him the twitter password so maybe at a lug meet someone can get the
API key thing for twitter so blog posts can post to twitter,  same
hopefully for friendi.ca

I understand the fb thing, however I also agree with Grant, in that an
abandoned page gives the wrong impression,  so we need to decide if we
delete it, or keep it but just post to it via the blog.

Friendi.ca has a great calender feature, so the argument that fb has
that feature is no longer valid.

We could keep the twitter page, link the blog to that and friendi.ca and
see what happens.

Hope this helps

Paul

--