[LUG] Secondhand desktops for school, but with a twist

Hello there,

I have a been asked by a local teacher to get a group of PCs that his students can dismantle and put back together.

He was also interested in showing them historical computer parts to get an idea of how we got here

(A 15 year old asked me recently, "What was Yahoo" that is just an aside)

Anyway, I have some historical hard disks and such that show the development of storage, but I wondered if you might be able to help.

We all have the odd old PC "that's too good to throw away" but actaully is of no real use.

I wondered if you had something you might be willing to donate.

Obviously it needs to be:

Do you have something that might help my contact out?

A class set of 10 is my target.

GCSE age pupils.

Beggers cant be choosers, but I don't just want your junk. It'd got to be suitable. I also reserve the right to return, reject or dispose of stuff for any reason.

If I do dispose of anything it will be in a sustainable way.

This would be you donating it to the school. You cant ask for it back - although if you have museum pieces you want to loan for a lesson or two and have returned we can come to an arrangement.

Thanks

Trevor