Re: [LUG] Spectre was Re: Email service

> On 9 Mar 2018, at 08:47, psutton <zleap@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> So are intel going to be able to  fix this at the CPU level and bring out a new
> series of cpus at some point,  or perhaps when iirc we have i3,i5 and i7.  so if
> say i9 comes out at some point would they be looking at fixing the issue?

Yes. AMD already avoided the main issue. Intel can do the same, but itâll take time,
and itâll result in comparatively slower CPUs if there are more security checks.

Many of the issues already mitigated by microcode updates.

But theyâll be more of same. The researchers are only getting better at finding and
exploiting these issues. I still doubt this is the way youâll get kit owned.

If there is any under-utilised vulnerability for attackers to use it is Cross Site
scripting.