Re: [LUG] [OT] Photo and Video Management.

On 24/02/18 14:56, Tom via list wrote:
> You may even find you can use AI for tagging photos too which, given the
> enourmous amount of photos some people take , may be worth the effort.

If anyone wants to go this route there's always Google Photos - you can
upload an unlimited* amount of photos to Google Drive for an online
backup/repository accessible from anywhere. And of course their AI is
the best in this business and will happily set to work recognising and
classifying all your pics from EXIF data and contextual clues.

Downside? Well, you have just uploaded all your photos to Google of
course :|

A lot of my clients use Google Photos and quite frankly they seem to
love it. I don't use it personally (I'm not much of a photographer and
rarely use my camera phone for anything) and I'm wary of cloud services
in general but Google Photos does seem pretty cool, especially for a
freebie.

Cheers

* unlimited if you don't mind them doing smart re-sampling to keep the
sizes down a little, otherwise it's normal Google Drive storage rates to
upload the original RAWs or whatever at full size.