Re: [LUG] Email service

On 19/02/18 17:50, Gordon Henderson wrote:
> On Mon, 19 Feb 2018, Nick wrote:
>
>> Anyone got any warnings or recommendations? Does anyone here run their
>> own mail server and find it works well?
>
> I run my own. Have been doing so since about 1995. It works well.
>
> Gordon

Just to Second that Gordon's e-mail system works well.

If you want alternatives to the usual providers, and don't want to DIY,
then there are services such as

protonmail (https://protonmail.com/)
and Dis'root which is more of an all in one service that also provides,
mail,  cloudstore (nextcloud) and other services.  (https://disroot.org/en)

On a similar line to dis'root there is nethserver (
https://www.nethserver.org/  )  which a Linux OS install that includes
other services such as cloud, mail, groupware , cloud , filtering and more.

Paul

--
http://www.zleap.net
diaspora : zleap@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx