Re: [LUG] suggestions on best sub £500 linux laptop

On Thu, 8 Feb 2018, Pentiddy wrote:

Looking to upgrade my laptop, and have a budget of around £500. I'm very confused about which processor to go for. Would like something with a 14" screen or larger. I currently have an acer aspire E5-411 with 4GB Ram, which works fine but is a little sluggish at times. I am probably likely to go for a second-hand machine so I don't pay for Windows...(at least not directly!)

Um - the recent thread on cheap laptops is worth a read then... Maybe Aaron found something suitable?

The upshot seems to be that going fo a 2nd hand/refurbished _business class_ laptop is the way to go to get more bang for your buck and something that's reliable.

Start here for the archive of that thread if you don't have it:

  http://www.dcglug.org.uk/archive/2018/01/msg00165.html

Pentiddy Natural Burials <http://www.pentiddynaturalburials.co.uk>

Ah nice. My wife's a celebrant and has presided over a few natural burials. More people ought to be made aware of this sort of thing.

Gordon