Re: [LUG] NAS recommendation please

FreeNASâ hmm. Well the journey begins.

11v1 ISO image downloaded, burned to CD, microserver booted off it and software installed onto USB stick. It even went so far as to DHCP, and Static Root correctly, even NTP seems to be working, in all it impressed the hell out of me!!!

What didnât impress me is it not working with Internet Explorer 11. I know, I know, I can hear you all from here! BUT, I donât think itâs too much to expect it to work with the most widely used web browser in the world, even if it is somewhat security challenged. Installed Firefox and remote GUI now works fine.

Took the email config first time and test email worked. Ditto Timezone.

Couldnât turn on HTTPS and SSH as no Certificates generated yet but I understand why/how.

Anything else I should be doing before I install the disks and create the RAID please?

Thanks

Andrew.

IMPORTANT NOTICE:

This e-mail (including all attachments) is confidential and may be privileged. It is for the exclusive use of the intended recipient(s) only, and must not be re-transmitted in an amended form without my consent. If you are not the named recipient, please notify me immediately and do not disclose the contents to any other person or make any copies. Please then delete it and do not disclose its contents to any other person.

Security and reliability of e-mails are not guaranteed. I operate anti-virus programs but you must take full responsibility for virus checking this e-mail (including all attachments). I do not accept any liability in respect of any damage caused by any virus which is not detected.

All e-mails to and from anyone @kendallnet.co.uk may be examined for breaches of employee policies and the law. I record all phone calls.