Re: [LUG] Router

Hi Richard,

I think it depends on your ISP and type of connection, e.g. I am with Virginmedia on cable, so they supply a modem/router which I put in Modem Only mode and put my own separate router behind it. If you have a DSL connection then a combined modem/router is more likely the way to go.

Unless I've misunderstood other advice - always possible! - I wouldn't just buy a hub or switch and /add/ it to the network as your 10/100 router will be a bottleneck; if it is meant to /replace/ the router then maybe so. However, do you require WiFi availability? If so then I would suggest a new router is the way to go, one with 802.11ac and Gigabit ports would be best IMHO.

Kind regards,

Julian