Re: [LUG] Screen problems

On 23/11/17 20:31, mr meowski wrote:
On 23/11/17 20:12, Martin Gautier wrote:

I have to reset my graphics using the nVidia tool on each reboot - my
hardware is a bit weird and xorg.conf confuses it.

I reboot probably once a month so it's no hardship but it does bug me...

That may well be the problem: xorg.conf is deprecated these days and you
should prefer configuration fragments under /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/
instead. Have you tried completely removing the xorg.conf file and
letting autoconfiguration do its thing? Add a snippet to 20-nvidia.conf
if autoconfiguration fails and retry.

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/NVIDIA#Configuration

Arch wiki but it's relevant to any modern distro.

Of course you may well know this already and you just have genuinely
weird hardware. But little things like that really bug me too, even if
it's only once a month...

Cheers
Thanks. I'll have a look when I get some bandwidth. The problem is that one of my duel screens doesn't report its specification so X defaults to 1024x768