Re: [LUG] Filezilla

On 21/11/17 09:03, Grant Phillips-Sewell wrote:

Hi Neil,

There are many ways to address this. One, as you have identified, is to use Filezilla. As others have mentioned, you can likely use your existing file manager to connect to your remote server. There are, however, many other options, and each will require some level of re-learning, but isn't that what makes life interesting? You could familiarise yourself with command-line s/FTP access, you could SSHFS to mount it somewhere "physical" (ie /mnt/sshfs/website), and there are a plethora of other GUI tools if you'd prefer.

Grant. :)

Yes, thanks, I have made some more searches and found several methods. I expect I could get used to filezilla but I would not be using it enough to make the effort.

However, I have found an old program, gFTP. which is simple to use and does what I need. No doubt there are others.

Neil