Re: [LUG] Filezilla

On 17/11/17 12:55, Julian Hall wrote:
On 17/11/17 11:59, Martin Gautier wrote:

I'm in the same position as of last night (thanks for nothing Mozilla!). I've installed Filezilla, and to be honest I don't see a lot of functional difference;

Header for login details
Two columns for local and remote server

A few bells and whistles like bookmarks, but that's pretty much it.. standard fare for a GUI FTP client.

Julian

OK, I will have another go. I am using Linux Lite 3.6 based on Ubuntu 16.04, so the version of filezilla in the repositories is 3.15. The latest stable release is 3.27, so that could make a big difference. Or perhaps, for what I want to do, it won't matter.

I have used the program in the past, and when ever I have tried to use help I am told that my version is too old, and so no help is available. When I download version 3.27 I just can't work out how to install it. I have extracted it but nothing is obvious to me. I suppose I am too addicted to deb files.

Thanks for the help so far,

Neil