Re: [LUG] broken Packages

On 19/10/17 12:14, Neil wrote:
On 18/10/17 20:52, Daniel Keast wrote:

'Holding' packages is a way of stopping upgrades happening (for example if the upgraded version introduces a bug that is a problem for you). I think there's a context menu option in Synaptic to hold packages... I can't quite remember where though. It could be that you've accidentally held a common dependency and this is warning you that it can't upgrade the application without that dependency
being upgraded.

Does this command output anything at all:

ÂÂÂÂ dpkg --get-selections | grep hold

Thanks,

No output at all.

Neil

Further to this, I decided that the simplest way out of it was to install the most recent version of LO. So I have done this and it works just fine. So, all is well. It did take a bit of messing about though. I have to make sure that I call up the new version, eg libreoffice5.4 --writer. I must include the version number.

Neil