Re: [LUG] HDMI Woes again

On 25/09/17 21:52, Daniel Robinson wrote:
> I'd personally start with a different HDMI cable, and poking about in
> BIOS to ensure that the correct Graphics option is used at the basic level.
>
> Failing that, I'd then find another monitor which is HDMI capable, try
> each cable, current then new.
>
> On the topic of monitors, make sure you only have HDMI cable plugged in,
> don't have other connectors DVI-* / D-Pin etc dangling off the back.
>
> Then test your monitors, check if the same issue occurs with a
> completely different PC.
>
> Since buying the system, have you stress tested the PC to ensure that
> everything is working correctly?
>
> Does your motherboard have Jumper switches and are they all set
> correctly / present.
>
> Have you tried running the PC with minimal devices plugged in, Mobo,
> CPU, RAM, SSD, Monitor / Keyboard & mouse to eliminate issues with other
> devices?

This is *really* good advice. Although I think in this case the same
system has run perfectly under Windows, which immediately rules out
hardware issues.

Specifically in your case, I'd try a different and more bleeding edge
distribution - not just the latest Ubuntu. You're quite likely going to
need to boot with a modified kernel stanza via grub as well I think for
kernel mode setting.

Cheers