Re: [LUG] HDMI Woes again

"Specifically in your case, I'd try a different and more bleeding edge
distribution - not just the latest Ubuntu. You're quite likely going to
need to boot with a modified kernel stanza via grub as well I think for
kernel mode setting."

What is so vastly different with his CPU that you'd need to do so much monkey business to get it to work with Linux?

On 26 September 2017 at 00:21, mr meowski <mr.meowski@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 25/09/17 21:52, Daniel Robinson wrote:
> I'd personally start with a different HDMI cable, and poking about in
> BIOS to ensure that the correct Graphics option is used at the basic level.
>
> Failing that, I'd then find another monitor which is HDMI capable, try
> each cable, current then new.
>
> On the topic of monitors, make sure you only have HDMI cable plugged in,
> don't have other connectors DVI-* / D-Pin etc dangling off the back.
>
> Then test your monitors, check if the same issue occurs with a
> completely different PC.
>
> Since buying the system, have you stress tested the PC to ensure that
> everything is working correctly?
>
> Does your motherboard have Jumper switches and are they all set
> correctly / present.
>
> Have you tried running the PC with minimal devices plugged in, Mobo,
> CPU, RAM, SSD, Monitor / Keyboard & mouse to eliminate issues with other
> devices?

This is *really* good advice. Although I think in this case the same
system has run perfectly under Windows, which immediately rules out
hardware issues.

Specifically in your case, I'd try a different and more bleeding edge
distribution - not just the latest Ubuntu. You're quite likely going to
need to boot with a modified kernel stanza via grub as well I think for
kernel mode setting.

Cheers