Re: [LUG] bluetooth

On 19/09/17 16:40, Simon Avery wrote:
On 19 September 2017 at 08:53, Neil <barnaby@xxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:barnaby@xxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Thanks for the sympathy. I had not thought of looking for other
    methods. One problem could be that the phone with the photos on it
    is not a smart phone. So no wifi. Which is the reason I looked at
    bluetooth. My other, older phone is a smart phone, but that one does
    not have the photos on it. As I said, typical,

Ah, that's a shame.

Last-ditch attempt to save your sanity: If the photos are on a micro-sd, can you pull that and put it into a card reader on your computer?

No, no SD, it is all saved on the phone memory. Otherwise I could have sorted it out.

I have a supplied cable which is used to charge the phone. I have checked with the makers and they tell me it is the only cable I should need. They also told me to connect the phone by that cable to a USB port on my computer. I had already tried that, of course. But all that happens is that it starts charging up the battery in the phone. I know that some phones can be charged in this way.

The makers cannot understand it, linking it to a USB port should open up the files and not start charging. I suggested that it could be due to using Linux as the OS. They said that should not make any difference.

So I thought of trying bluetooth.

Ah well, computers are great when they are working,

Neil