Re: [LUG] HDMI

On 31/08/17 18:44, Richard Brown wrote:
> Hi All
>
> I am still having major problems getting hdmi working. Currently not
> working at all.
>
> -Computer-
> Processor: 4x Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-7100 CPU @ 3.90GHz
> Memory: 7870MB (2669MB used)
> Operating System: Ubuntu 17.04
> User Name: rich (Richard Brown)
> Date/Time: Thu 31 Aug 2017 18:43:21 BST
> -Display-
> Resolution: 1680x1050 pixels
> OpenGL Renderer: Mesa DRI Intel(R) Kabylake GT2

Ah, it's a brand new Kaby Lake series CPU - that might slightly
complicate things (good support *should* be there in 17.04, but you know
how these things work by now...)

Do you have SSHD running now so you can contact it from other machines
even if the screen isn't working? If not, do that first.

Have you installed the additional drivers yet in the Ubuntu "control
panels"? It should be running the nvidia-384 driver package, NOT the
opensource Nouveau stack.

Fear not, this'll definitely work with a bit of fiddling - you're just
going to need to fiddle with a couple of settings (inevitably).

Cheers