Re: [LUG] HDMI

And

aplay -L

brings:
default
  Playback/recording through the PulseAudio sound server
null
pulse
  PulseAudio Sound Server
sysdefault:CARD=PCH
  HDA Intel PCH, ALC887-VD Analog
  Default Audio Device
front:CARD=PCH,DEV=0
  HDA Intel PCH, ALC887-VD Analog
  Front speakers
surround21:CARD=PCH,DEV=0
  HDA Intel PCH, ALC887-VD Analog
  2.1 Surround output to Front and Subwoofer speakers
surround40:CARD=PCH,DEV=0
  HDA Intel PCH, ALC887-VD Analog
surround41:CARD=PCH,DEV=0
  HDA Intel PCH, ALC887-VD Analog
surround50:CARD=PCH,DEV=0
  HDA Intel PCH, ALC887-VD Analog
surround51:CARD=PCH,DEV=0
  HDA Intel PCH, ALC887-VD Analog
surround71:CARD=PCH,DEV=0
  HDA Intel PCH, ALC887-VD Analog
hdmi:CARD=PCH,DEV=0
  HDA Intel PCH, HDMI 0
  HDMI Audio Output
hdmi:CARD=PCH,DEV=1
  HDA Intel PCH, HDMI 1
  HDMI Audio Output
hdmi:CARD=PCH,DEV=2
  HDA Intel PCH, HDMI 2
  HDMI Audio Output
dmix:CARD=PCH,DEV=0
  HDA Intel PCH, ALC887-VD Analog
  Direct sample mixing device
dmix:CARD=PCH,DEV=3
  HDA Intel PCH, HDMI 0
  Direct sample mixing device
dmix:CARD=PCH,DEV=7
  HDA Intel PCH, HDMI 1
  Direct sample mixing device
dmix:CARD=PCH,DEV=8
  HDA Intel PCH, HDMI 2
  Direct sample mixing device
dsnoop:CARD=PCH,DEV=0
  HDA Intel PCH, ALC887-VD Analog
  Direct sample snooping device
dsnoop:CARD=PCH,DEV=3
  HDA Intel PCH, HDMI 0
  Direct sample snooping device
dsnoop:CARD=PCH,DEV=7
  HDA Intel PCH, HDMI 1
  Direct sample snooping device
dsnoop:CARD=PCH,DEV=8
  HDA Intel PCH, HDMI 2
  Direct sample snooping device
hw:CARD=PCH,DEV=0
  HDA Intel PCH, ALC887-VD Analog
  Direct hardware device without any conversions
hw:CARD=PCH,DEV=3
  HDA Intel PCH, HDMI 0
  Direct hardware device without any conversions
hw:CARD=PCH,DEV=7
  HDA Intel PCH, HDMI 1
  Direct hardware device without any conversions
hw:CARD=PCH,DEV=8
  HDA Intel PCH, HDMI 2
  Direct hardware device without any conversions
plughw:CARD=PCH,DEV=0
  HDA Intel PCH, ALC887-VD Analog
  Hardware device with all software conversions
plughw:CARD=PCH,DEV=3
  HDA Intel PCH, HDMI 0
  Hardware device with all software conversions
plughw:CARD=PCH,DEV=7
  HDA Intel PCH, HDMI 1
  Hardware device with all software conversions
plughw:CARD=PCH,DEV=8
  HDA Intel PCH, HDMI 2
  Hardware device with all software conversions

Would it work to simply install a recognised graphics hdmi card?

Rich