[LUG] jupyter and anaconda.

Just wondering if anyone uses jupyter notebooks?

I've just spent the last three days trying to get installed on my raspberrypi3 and tried the recommended method in the documentation - installing anaconda and letting that do it for me which is what I'd done on my other Intel/AMD machines where you download a 400MB of data that then installs python and everything else in non-standard directories. That doesnt work as there is no arm anaconda! So I hunted around and found another installer on GIT and that downloads loads of software and compiles it - this failed so I hunted around and found the 'expert' installation method:

pip3 install jupyter

This is really easy and doesnt duplicate several dozen python packages and re-write your path so the up to date ones you have are no longer accessible from python!

Never known a recommended install method to be a thousand times more complicated and irritating than the 'expert method'.

Tom te tom te tom