Re: [LUG] Update not available

On 27/07/17 19:49, Neil wrote:
> That is what I am using at the moment. I downloaded that deb file and
> used it to install the program. But the company has now announced a
> brand new version for Linux. This entails downloading a file simply
> named pcloud. Make it executable and then run it. That is when I ran
> into problems.

I just installed the deb version on two different systems (Mint +
Ubuntu) and got it working straight away with a free account. The new
pcloud AppImage version on the other hand failed straight away on both
systems with an error similar to yours so it's presumably borked in some
way.

Unless I'm compiling and packaging myself, I don't want any installed
applications on my systems that aren't seen/managed by the distribution
package manager anyway - AppImage is a nice idea but useless in real life.

Turns out you can get the old deb type installer by visiting this
specific URL:

https://www.pcloud.com/free-online-cloud-file-storage.html

Cheers