Re: [LUG] Update not available

On 27/07/17 17:36, Brad Rogers wrote:
On Thu, 27 Jul 2017 16:58:50 +0100
Neil <barnaby@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Neil,

question is linux-x64-prod-v0.4.0.

I have no idea what that is. I have searched in synaptic and it is not
there. Can anyone enlighten me please?

Mention of Synaptic implies either Ubuntu or Debian (or a few others).
No such package exists in Debian testing, IDK about Ubuntu.

If you're not getting the package from the repos, Synaptic won't help in
any case.  Assuming it's a .deb package, and not a gzipped source,
you'll have to install with dpkg.

Note though, that dependency handling will probably be up to you, if you
go the dpkg route.

Yes, it is Linux Lite I am using which is based on Ubuntu 16.04. To sync my computers I use a package called pCloud. They have announced that they have now set up a version especially for Linux which I have tried to install. Their original package for Linux was indeed a deb package. This new one is simply called pcloud. I had to make it executable and then run it by simply typing in the name. It did start, but then came up with this error message. Here is the message .....

installed: X-AppImage-BuildId=88e58f40-688e-11a7-3cb5-295f23f8ad09 image: X-AppImage-BuildId=88e58f40-688e-11a7-3cb5-295f23f8ad09
[17:48:08:0495] [info] CHECKING FOR UPDATE
init failed
Update for linux-x64-prod-v0.4.0 is not available

And, as I said, I can't find any reference to that package.

I have emailed the pCloud group, asking for help. Meanwhile I thought to ask the group too.

Neil