Re: [LUG] Samba

On 25/05/17 17:51, Joseph Bennie wrote:

Sent from my iPhone

On 25 May 2017, at 17:41, Rob Beard <rob.beard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:rob.beard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

You may find on some distributions that some samba packages are linked in with other packages and removing them may break things (it should tell you if they're dependencies). You may find the package installed is Samba-Common which if I remember correctly contains shared samba libraries.

It should tell you in your favourite package manager what samba packages are installed.

Rob

all you need to do is disable the service. don't uninstall.

Thanks for all the help. I have decided that I will leave it as it is and simply ignore it.

Neil