Re: [LUG] Fwd: DVD issues Xubuntu 16.04

Title: pentiddywoodsheader
The laptop came with windows installed, but I immediately installed a dual booted Xubuntu 16.04 64bit system, and aside from apport coming up with errors here and there, and obviously needing to install broadcom drivers for the networking and wifi, the laptop has been great. HDMI works- I plug in a pico projector for films. Sometimes USB just stops working (I use a usb keyboard and mouse!) and printing can on occasion be a bit hit and miss. I should also perhaps within all this point out that we are off grid and so power is a concern, and sometimes I think this causes problems- turning devices on/off regularly (router, printer etc)...
I did find myself having to troubleshoot after an attempt at triple booting with Debian8- and once I had managed to recover my Xubuntu had to do lots of things to get Libre office and other software working correctly. Hamfisted I guess you could call my unrefined attempts. I was considering re-installing the system at some point when the wife is in a good mood, and have thought I might change to Debian as it appears to be more stable than Xubuntu.
I really appreciate your time with this though mr.meowski (and the other commenters)
Regards
Anthony