Re: [LUG] Fwd: DVD issues Xubuntu 16.04

On 05/05/17 20:31, Pentiddy wrote:
> Tried that too- all says installed.
> Older DVD's seem to work, have not tried many as yet.. probably my next
> thing/
> I get nothing unless I do the drag/drop thing with vlc, but as I say
> that is not watchable either, though at least SOMETHING happens!
> Will try a few more dvd's and see what gives.

Definitely a bit weird, especially seeing as other disks play back fine
and this exact disk worked fine on a Mac previously.

You mentioned previously:

"Errors showing
*** libdvdread: CHECK_VALUE failed in src/ifo_read.c:571 ***
*** for vmgi_mat->vmg_last_sector != 0 ***
amongst other things..."

The "amongst other things" bit is kind of critical. Can you replay the
DVD and dump the entire log here please?

Cheers