Re: [LUG] Fwd: DVD issues Xubuntu 16.04

On 05/05/2017 16:53, Pentiddy wrote:
> Hi Eion,
> Yep, have checked the region- and have changed it to uk- still has 3
> attempt at this too...
> Have tried my old usb external drive, on my laptop and my childrens' two
> netbooks (one Xubuntu 16.04, one Debian 8)
> All with the same result.
> I'm pretty sure I have covered the most obvious routes, but please do
> keep these comments coming as maybe I have missed something along the way.
> Regards,
> Anthony
> pentiddywoodsheader
> Pentiddy Logo. <http://www.pentiddy.co.uk/>   Pentiddy Woods
> <http://www.pentiddy.co.uk/pentiddywoods> / Pentiddy Woods newsletter
> <http://www.pentiddy.co.uk/newsletter>
> Pentiddy Natural Burials <http://www.pentiddynaturalburials.co.uk>
> Heartwood Creations <http://www.heartwood-creations.co.uk>
> Pentiddy Community Woodland <http://www.pentiddy.co.uk/communitywoodland>
>
> /
> /

Have you cleaned the DVD with flat /alcohol cleaner?
 Have you cleaned the lens of the DVD player/reader?
I know it sounds daft, but on one of my systems that was the problem, as
I cleaned both the DVD disc and the lens of player/reader, I do not know
which was culprit but I suspected the DVD lens. It worked thereafter.
Sometimes simple things are the problem.
--
regards
Eion MacDonald