Re: [LUG] Fwd: DVD issues Xubuntu 16.04

Title: pentiddywoodsheader
Thanks for replies...
Sorry, should have been a little more specific.
The DVD player works with other dvd's, but trying to play this one direct with vlc or smplayer or mplayer results in errors and no playback at all.
I'm not sure whether to just accept that it has encryption that linux cannot decrypt, or persevere to try and get it to work.
As I say, it is a little annoying it worked on a macbook!
I do have a version of another popular operating system, and have tried it through that, and it didn't even find the drive- though as I'm no longer familiar with it that might be user error!
I appreciate your thoughts on it anyway.
Did note the meeting, but it's too far away from me- I'm the other end of Cornwall.
Anthony