[LUG] First plunge into ZFS/FreeNAS

Hello folks,

Just wondering if somebody would be so kind as to tell me my RAID options for my current hardware setup.

I have 2x identical 1TB and 2x identical 500GB stuffed inside a newly acquired HP N40L microserver.

In am looking for redundancy and don't require more than 1TB of total storage at this present time.

I will be using FreeNAS unless anyone wants to point me back in the direction of Linux/Debian.

My guess is I'll need two RAID 1. 2x1tb=1tb 2x500gb=500gb total storage of 1.5TB. However, I am very new to ZFS and I might be looking at this as though it was the year 2004. (not played with RAID since around that time).

Any pointers please?

Dan