Re: [LUG] Fwd: Re: CMOS or else

On 17/04/17 16:16, mr meowski wrote:
On 17/04/17 15:55, Neil wrote:

The PC has wired network right?
Yes.

 And I believe you've got a SSD boot
drive (which will be completely silent)

yes

 and a spinning HDD in there?

No, just one hard drive, the SSD.

My emails don't seem to be getting through.

Neil

Hi - they are getting through to me, just not particularly quickly. Not
only have I been noticing that my emails to the list are sometimes
taking a long time to go through recently (change on the list software
perhaps?) but I am also using a Microsoft live.com account of course
which at first seemed amusing and mildly intentionally provocative for a
Linux group but now the joke might be on me I guess.... Compared to my
various other accounts with providers such as Google my live.com address
is... well, crap, to be honest. C'est la vie.

My other email seems to be there now, where I explained that the machine went back to normal log in. I am using the desk top for this email.

No I do not have SSH enabled.

Anyway, I think, as suggested by one of my emails, that I did not press the button hard enough or long enough so the CMOS memory does not seem to be cleared. I suppose the obvious thing is to try again.

Neil