Re: [LUG] Ad blockers

On Mon, 27 Mar 2017 17:57:41 +0100
Simon Waters via list <list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Simon,

>They lose ad revenue. But 42% seems way too much.
>There is a big debate about how much ad blocking takes place. But it's
>probably under 20% in desktop and mobile user base by most estimates.

Overall, that may well be right.  However, the people that use adblockers
tend to be of a certain level of know-how.  Quite probably techie
types.  As such, there may well be a certain subset of websites(1) that
get higher adblocker 'hits' than, say, Amazon does.  The 'average Joe'
isn't going to be spending a lot of time perusing fan-based Raspberry Pi
sites, where many a tech type might, for example.

Of course, the owners of the site under discussion could simply be lying
about the numbers.

(1) techie ones.

--
 Regards  _
You destroyed my confidence, you broke my nerve