Re: [LUG] Ad blockers

On Mon, 27 Mar 2017 14:10:41 +0100
Neil via list <list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Neil,

>Well, I have learnt something today, thanks. Earlier I opened up the

YW.

It's not often I can impart wisdom on this list:
I'm usually one of those absorbing the wisdom.   :-)

>I will try that trick with any other sites that try to get me to switch

There are various ways that sites can react to blockers.  Some simply
report that they're aware of the reader using one, and requesting they
disable it for 'this site' as that's how they make their income.  Fair
enough - they're up front about it.

The web sites that *really* annoy me are those that say "this site is my
hobby, and I have to fund it somehow"(1).  Yes, that's true, but the
*instant* they added adverts, they turned their 'hobby' site into a
commercial venture.  On top of that, I'd be prepared to place a small
wager that they've not reported the additional income to the tax man.

(1) Or words to that effect.

--
 Regards  _
There's no point in asking you'll get no reply