[ Date Index ]
[ Thread Index ]
[ <= Previous by date /
[ Next by date /
thread => ]
Re: [LUG] Computers - leave on or turn off
- To: Devon/Cornwall GNU LUG <list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [LUG] Computers - leave on or turn off
- From: Gordon Henderson via list <list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2017 15:50:58 +0000 (GMT)
- Delivered-to: dclug@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Distribution: world
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; q=dns/txt; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=dclug.org.uk; s=1475831162; h=Sender:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding:Reply-To:From:List-Subscribe:List-Help:List-Post:List-Unsubscribe:List-Id:Subject:MIME-Version:References:Message-ID:In-Reply-To:To:Date; bh=foxLN2hmiie0lJqD5FOwrAnNMDzW5GOAjH6mhI2Lnj8=; b=kkzJg4Xs0oFHPMGDaOd+MrR6gJnpICs0VFixde7PXK+rs1d4sK+VyEV70oDWOkmxG8o4NxvHCZ39gkb6Aly6xp/WzV/2f2IP96ZjpPzoSALGq82p0oUk0qyj9y2+bQVJ+9+vf2Q0LiaQB/isgzjQPdp0GGWIhHg1KbwiBpyG1R0=;
On Tue, 21 Mar 2017, Richard Brown via list wrote:
I help manage a network of 6 computers, all running Win 7. The boss has
asked me to say whether I think it is better to leave the computer on at
night or turn off. He is trying to weigh up the eco costs with bringing
electric as compared to the costs on the computer and turning ti off/on etc.
Any thoughts please?
Let them turn themselves off. All modern OSs can do this.
The Mailing List for the Devon & Cornwall LUG