Re: [LUG] Munich is abandoning its open source software :-(

I was readingâ possibly on The Register (but not the page I link to below) â that this isnât quite trueâ

Theyâre âreviewingâ their IT policyâ

OK, that probably means Linux desktop usage will drop there, but as long as they stick to other open source polices (ie Libreoffice), then itâs not all a loss..

I believe that itâs due to the effort required for their LiMux distroâ not sure of the value-add thereâ

As El Reg puts it, itâs âhardly a sign of failure for Linuxâ:

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/02/13/munich_may_dump_linux_for_windows/