[ Date Index ]
[ Thread Index ]
[ <= Previous by date /
[ Next by date /
thread => ]
Re: [LUG] Climate Tools to simplify the Command Line
- To: list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [LUG] Climate Tools to simplify the Command Line
- From: Simon Waters via list <list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2017 15:29:46 +0000
- Delivered-to: dclug@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; q=dns/txt; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=dclug.org.uk; s=1475831162; h=Sender:Content-Transfer-Encoding:Content-Type:Reply-To:From:List-Subscribe:List-Help:List-Post:List-Unsubscribe:List-Id:Subject:To:In-Reply-To:References:Message-Id:Date:Mime-Version; bh=Dh9GZ9pCXZlcoQnK84TMeIF0xogUWYg/SawMZKNwBgw=; b=S+b01FlYDL8ty5sX+bgW9wAt26CFVuxwFPtBEFdptZlBUtXgZNghb6bCxd/r2qOgwIOY3+ELgoWhoM7YXQoPRmJnczhtOrpyxK2mrTZS6b4me11kbhlQM3IxA2eFaS9+/JbonP04kYbbnXuhdSRM2sShRwH7Lo8D1MwVPQcB6bQ=;
Also if commands are tedious to type master shell auto-completion and history.
It's so rare I type a whole (non-trivial) command line from scratch, and I use the
command line a lot...
Debian use to comments out the best auto-complete features in bash... it knows your
command options, it knows your file and folder names, it knows package names, what's
left to type? Let me know you can extend it too...
The Mailing List for the Devon & Cornwall LUG