Re: [LUG] Follow up to the upgrades thread

On 07/02/17 18:20, Joseph Bennie wrote:
Google docs

On 7 Feb 2017, at 18:05, Neil via list <list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I thought I had better put this on a new thread.. My reason for asking about
upgrades previously was my confusion about upgrading libreoffice. I have had a lot
of help, for which many thanks.

I have been thinking about this, and it has occurred to me that there may be a
simpler way, for me at least.

I do use libreoffice, but only writer and calc. Perhaps that is overkill. I could
perhaps use a couple of stand alone packages instead. In the past I have use the
gnumeric spreadsheet which,for me, would be fine. My spreadsheets are not
complicated at all, nothing fancy, so that should be OK. So I have downloaded it and
will look at using it instead of calc.

What I would like please, is suggestions for replacing writer. I don't need anything
complicated, the most would be some tables. So if anyone has any suggestions please?
 Oh, not abiword, I don't get on with that one at all.

Thanks for any help, again. And this time I will remember, my distro is Xubuntu
16.04 LTS.

Regards,

Neil

I don't have a google account, and don't plan to ever have one, so I can't use that.

Neil